1) Can you tell us about your Disney XD show “Walk the Prank?”
Walk the Prank is a really funny show about four kids who have a popular online hidden camera show where they prank people. What makes it different is that we prank REAL people, so the show combines scripted comedy and real-life pranks.
2) How would you describe your character Bailey?
Bailey is edgy, tech-savvy and sarcastic. She is one of the guys but definitely think girls rule the world!
3) What are the similarities and differences between you and your character?
Actually, I’m pretty much just like Bailey but maybe a little less sassy. She calls the principal by her first name—I would never do that!
4) What has been your favorite episode to film so far?
My favorite episode was “Blind Date,” where I find out that Uncle Will has a date with my mom. Bailey is NOT happy about that, so it was fun for me to act nervous about the possibility of him being my stepdad.
5) You’re also a musician, can you tell us about your music?
I come from a very musical family. My parents have a band, and I started doing a few songs with them around age 9. I got a guitar last year and a ukulele this year, and I love to play both. I also enjoy songwriting and I’ve starting working on some original music that I hope to release at some point next year.
6) How would you describe your sound?
I’ve always had a raspy speaking voice, so my singing voice has a little bit of grit in it! Most people are surprised when they hear me sing, because I sound older.
7) Where do you post your singing videos?
Recently I started a YouTube channel (Jillian Shea Spaeder) for my cover songs (and hopefully my originals at some point!). I also do some 15-second versions occasionally on Musical.ly.
What are your social media accounts?
Facebook: Jillian Shea Spaeder (music); Jillian Spaeder (general)